Stop and Smell the Flowers!!

Stop and Smell the Flowers!!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Getting ready for week 3

I'm still hanging in there! Tomorrow, I will officially be starting week 3!!! The beginning of last week was a serious struggle for me as you could probably tell from my last post. Ive come to some realizations that are making this journey a lot easier for me. The most important of which was this simple fact;  Eating clean and eating paleo are different, they are! The main difference is that clean eating includes dairy and grains which are exempt on  paleo. I really had to evaluate my goals and commit to one versus the other and based on my goals Ive chosen one... Any guesses?????

Grains are now my friend as is dairy. I know you're shocked!!! To build muscle, you have to eat ALOT of protein and I'm just unable to do so without the help of dairy and protein powders. It is what it is. I am still doing my best in efforts to be natural.. I found a whey protein that has no additives. I only choose Greek yogurt with no additives and minimal sugar. I still wont use splenda or any artificial sweeteners. I still prefer almond milk over regular milk. It actually has given me more choices when it comes to eating... and I'm totally digging that!!!

I'm eating ALOT more than I have been and dropping weight too, which I wasn't at all expecting in the first phase. I actually had Jason take a picture of me on the beach yesterday and was amazed to see such a difference compared to my "before" pictures. I'm feeling SUPER too!!! Totally digging NOT doing cardio and I'm really AMAZED at how much I'm enjoying weight lifting and I'm also super AMAZED at how strong I am. I'm already seeing results and this is totally motivating me to keep going!!!! There might even be some end of phase 1 pics coming soon.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment